[erlang-questions] Basic questions, also related to yaws and mnesia

Filippo Pacini pacini@REDACTED
Tue Oct 16 15:23:35 CEST 2007

Hi,
I'm a little partisan here :-), but you might be interested in sgte
http://sgte.googlecode.com

It' s a simple template language. In your example you could write
something like this:

gen_html(Entities) ->
Data = [{entities, [sgte:rec_to_kv(Rec, record_info(fields,
entity_links)) || Rec <- Entities]}],
{ok, C} = sgte:compile("$map:{<a href=\"$main_url$\">$url_title$</a>}
entities$"),
sgte:render(C, Data)}.

The template instead of a string can also be an html file, so you can
write html templates containing sgte instructions and you pass the data
to be rendered at runtime.

cheers,
filippo