[erlang-questions] Erlang or OCaml

Dustin Sallings dustin@REDACTED
Tue Oct 16 02:18:05 CEST 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 15:43 , Lone Wolf wrote:

> Recently, I have been trying to learn a language other than Java.
> Erlang seems to be ready for the prime time (used in the commercial
> world).
> On the other side, OCaml seems to be a cool and capable language.
> I want to learn something useful and fun.
> Tell what do you think ?
> (if you are Erlang die-hard, please put this aside ;))

	Why choose?  I've learned a lot from each language.

	I do admit that I've shipped more ocaml code than erlang code,
though.  ocaml is great for building utilities and erlang is great
for building systems.  It really depends on your task.

	OTP really seems to me like what java wants to be when it grows up.

--
Dustin Sallings