[erlang-questions] Newbie: Is there a short-circuit for the comma operator?

Wed Oct 10 08:53:16 CEST 2007

Nope. Such a thing does not exist.

But it seems you want to do something that is well suited for throw/1.

try begin Exp1, Exp2, Exp3, Exp4 end of
   V -> V % Return value from Exp4
catch X ->
   X % Value from embedded throw/1
end

If any of ExpN evaluates throw(done),
the catch clause is evaluated with X bound to 'done'.

See also the Erts Reference manual.