[erlang-questions] Can't start yaws with startup provided startup script

Berlin Brown <>
Wed Oct 10 05:19:55 CEST 2007

I am trying to start yaws with the init.d script provided and I get
the following error on startup.  But when I launch from the
command-line, it works fine.  I basically used everything out of the
box and updated the RC scripts to include the yaws daemon.

I can start it manually, I guess for now.

Oct  9 23:04:27  yaws: Eshell V5.5.5  (abort with ^G)
Oct  9 23:04:27 yaws: 1>
Oct  9 23:04:27 yaws: ** Terminating erlang () **
Oct  9 23:04:27 yawsd: yaws startup succeeded

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Oct-2007::22:56:12 ===
** Generic server <0.20.0> terminating
** Last message in was {'EXIT',<0.22.0>,eio}
** When Server state == {state,user_sup,
** Reason for termination ==
** eio

<server servername.com>
        port = 2401