[erlang-questions] erl_errno on the Mac

Peter Andersson peppe@REDACTED
Tue Oct 9 18:40:56 CEST 2007

Hi Joel,

We have very recently corrected a bug where the __erl_errno symbol was
undefined in the single thread version of the ei library. It sounds like
this is the problem you are having. Since we are not making any more R11
releases now, the fix will not be available until after the R12 release.
However, if you add the following to the very end of
lib/erl_interface/src/misc/ei_pthreads.c and rebuild libei_st.a, you
should be able to link to the lib without problems.

#if !defined(_REENTRANT) && !defined(VXWORKS) && !defined(__WIN32__)
volatile int __erl_errno;
#endif

Best regards,
Peter