[erlang-questions] Attracting Functional Programmers

Gordon Guthrie gordonguthrie@REDACTED
Mon Oct 8 11:23:53 CEST 2007

Gary

> A nice solution would be to have a "pre-configured, templated image"
> of an Erlang environment and Erlang/OTP at Amazon Elastic Compute
> Cloud (Amazon EC2) http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=201590011

Dale and I are working on a single-click install Erlang developers
platform based on the Ubuntu liveCD that comes preloaded with development
tools...

This uses the Ubuntu Customization Kit to layer a small slice o'Erlang
over Dapper Drake.

There are a couple of problems with Erlang/Mnesia under the ECC - the most
noticable one is how you get your data backed off. We are also working on
an  Mnesia cluster management console that would allow you to set up 2 or
three ECC instances and distribute the data - and then do a table dump off
the Amazon storage cloud on a daily basis...

*Eventually* this stuff will be open sourced...

Gordon