[erlang-questions] Dynamically dispatching encoded messages to functions

Ben Hood 0x6e6562@REDACTED
Sat Oct 6 00:24:35 CEST 2007

> Is what you are doing related in any way to RabbitMQ
> (http://www.rabbitmq.com/), which is already written in Erlang, but does
> not currently have an Erlang client?

Yes. I've implemented an Erlang client for AMQP, but I would like to
add some higher level message passing paradigms such as RPC that would
build on top of the basic AMQP client API. The motivation is to
implement the boilerplate code for these standard interactions in a
generic fashion so that business code has as little AMQP plumbing as
possible. The client is in a beta phase at the moment.

BTW I've started a wiki page on the client
(https://dev.rabbitmq.com/wiki/ErlangClient), but please forgive the
Erlang formatting as I am still getting used to the markup.

Ben