[erlang-questions] posregex error: RE_drv not found

Anders Nygren <>
Fri Oct 5 13:54:46 CEST 2007

On 10/5/07, YC <> wrote:
> Hi -
> I downloaded posregex and compile on my machine per the suggestion of the
> thread
> http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-September/029492.html
> .   I'm able to make and sudo make install, but when I try to run it in
> erlang I encounter the following message:
> 2> {ok, RE} = posregex:compile(<<"abc.*def">>,[extended]).
> sh: line 0: exec: RE_drv: not found
>  BREAK: (a)bort (c)ontinue (p)roc info (i)nfo (l)oaded
>        (v)ersion (k)ill (D)b-tables (d)istribution
> And not sure how to proceed from here.  I tried both 1.0 & 1.0.1 with the
> same results.
> Any insights are appreciated, thanks.
> yc

I think Your Erlang system is broken. I recently had a similar problem, and
it was solved by recompiling erlang with a different gcc version.
The problem is that with the bad compiler version erlang is not able to
load any drivers.

If You try
and it also fails, it is probably the same problem as I had.