[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver

Christian S <>
Fri Nov 30 16:45:06 CET 2007

> But I have to admit, I currently do not know what the background of these changes is.

I was playing with converting sql/postgres types into structured
types. A postgres result set includes column type information, so the
code can parse up, say, a timestamp to the {Date, Time} tuple we're
used to. Among other things.

Of course, as these things are added, they also break existing code
that unknowingly just upgrade to the latest version. This is how I
contribute to the mess.

Java is in a different situation with jdbc, because they dont have
mnesia which solves 90% of all erlang-projects'  persistence problems.