[erlang-questions] PostgreSQL driver

nindeu@REDACTED nindeu@REDACTED
Fri Nov 30 16:06:41 CET 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 2:00 PM, Christian S <chsu79@REDACTED> wrote:
> Yes it is all a mess. The following thread last year was full of good
> ideas for what I really want generalized erlang sql access to be:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/Simple-DB-Access-t2028308.html

edbc would for sure be a greate thing. Just look what significant value jdbc forms. It's one of the core technologies of so many java projects.
Hmmm, I am pretty convinced it's not an easy task to create some kind of edbc.

> I recall reading that OTP was looking into building a generalized
> database layer which made me feel less "responsible" for clearing up
> mess.

*Shaking my head* As if you were responsible for the mess! Hey, people owe you a lot since you put a lot of time into creating a piece of software others apparently use a lot!

On Nov 30, 2007 3:19 PM, Christophe ROMAIN <christophe.romain@REDACTED> wrote:
> The version stored on ejabberd-modules contains all stability patches
> and should be up-to-date.
> It's bundled with default ejabberd package and running in production.

Sorry for indicating incorrect information regarding the use of pgsql in ejabberd! I was only looking at the source code version of ejabberd. My apologies!

Regarding up-to-dateness (is this an english expression?) of your version: What I meant with your driver not including all patches of Christian but incorporating a few others: Just look at the next version of Christian's driver after you branched:

http://jungerl.cvs.sourceforge.net/jungerl/jungerl/lib/pgsql/src/pgsql_util.erl?r1=1.4&r2=1.5

But I have to admit, I currently do not know what the background of these changes is.

Regards,
Eric