[erlang-questions] test driven development

YANSWBVCG dfeustel@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 18:44:35 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 10:08:47AM -0600, mog wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 16:02 +0100, YANSWBVCG wrote:
> > The Erlang graphics environment for debugging as described in the book
> > _Programming Erlang_ appears not to work with the erl shell in the 64-bit
> > AMD port of Erlang to OpenBSD 4.2.
>
> i imagine openbsd built it without requiring the tcl dependencies needed
> for this.  one trick is if they had installed the deps without the
> libraries just install tcl, otherwise you will have to install tcl and
> then build erlang from source
>
> mog

I've got the graphics working now with one problem:
the text in the tcl displays is only partially rendered.
I think this stems from a mismatch between the 1440x900 pixels
of the display and the 1280x1024 virtual resolution that Xorg
comes up with when the display is configured.
But I'm now sold on Erlang!