[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

Michael Regen michael.regen@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 18:40:17 CET 2007

Indeed, very interesting. Thanks for sharing some invaluable experiences
with us!

We are currently in the process of selling a solution to a company. Because
they know us quite well, I am very confident that the contract will be ours.
I am not a sales person, obviously. But I would love to 'sell' them an
Erlang solution because it would simply be the perfect fit for them.
Unfortunately I very likely already know their argumentation against it (we
also know them pretty well). The outcome will be Java. Yawn.
They spend more, we get less at the end, they get a less powerful solution
and we have less fun developing and supporting it. What a pity!

Cheers,
Michael