[erlang-questions] Forget Erlang on the Java VM. More language on the Erlang VM are needed!

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 16:27:57 CET 2007

Michael Regen skrev:

> Therefore I can see huge advantages if Erlang would run under the
> industry standard JVM. Maybe no technical advantages - besides possibly
> easier Java integration. Maybe even some disadvantages. But for me it
> makes a difference if I can sell my Erlang solutions or just go over to
> the next pitch. So, the question for me is rather be what would we lose
> with another VM.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone ported erlang to the JVM or Mono,
as a hobby hack. It would help make the discussion more concrete. (:

I don't consider it to be a priority item for the OTP team, but perhaps
interest in Erlang will grow to the point that it will happen anyway,
eventually.

BR,
Ulf W