[erlang-questions] What is the function be defined as BIF?

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Nov 27 08:35:35 CET 2007

greetings,

i interpret your question to be:

Q: why can register/2 be replaced with erlang:register/2 ?
is that correct?

A: a function without a module prefix can either be a function local to
the module, or it can be a function found in the module ''erlang''.
it helps subsequent readings of the code, and it avoids scooping
problems, if you always explicitly add the erlang module in front of
those functions.

bengt
Those were the days...
   EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
   solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not
   patentable in whatever manner it may be presented in the claims."