[erlang-questions] benchmarks game harsh criticism

Isaac Gouy igouy2@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 20:05:32 CET 2007

--- David Hopwood <david.hopwood@REDACTED> wrote:

-snip-
> As for the 'shootout', most of the criticisms of it in this thread
> have been valid; it's not a very good basis for comparison of
language
> performance.

Puzzled.

afaict most of the comments in this thread have been about benchmarks
in general and not about the benchmarks game in particular, so the way
you state your opinion is uninformative.

And Bengt Kleberg's "criticism" is more of a complaint that we should
do more.