[erlang-questions] Erlang vs Clojure

Robin robi123@REDACTED
Sun Nov 25 21:09:06 CET 2007

The thought of running on the JVM makes me feel both sick and
bloated...but strangely I am warming up to the idea.

The ErlangVM enables distributed concurrency, Closure on the JVM is
optimizing for local concurrency.

Granted that I am not building fault tolerant telecom switches, but in
my case, massive local concurrency might be all that I need.  With
EC2, I could package an image optimized for local concurrency.  If an
instance goes down, launch another instance. If an instance reaches
high load, launch another instance.

Of course this glosses over the database entirely, which currently
uses Erlang.