[erlang-questions] how: distributed supervision tree

Zvi <>
Mon Nov 26 00:50:15 CET 2007

The supervision strategy data structure is a list of tuples for each worker.
The Worker specifications are tuples of the following form:

{Tag, {Mod, Func, ArgList},

    {Mod, Func, ArgList}
defines the function that the supervisor will use to start the worker. It is
used as arguments to apply(Mod, Fun, ArgList).

How do I define worker process, which should be started/restarted on remote
Should I just write Mod:Fun function which calls spawn/2 ,i.e.
spawn(Node,Fun) ?
What happens if BEAM VM on node "Node" is down? Should Mod:Fun first call to
some shell script to lanch VM on the remote node and only then spawn
Worker's Erlang proces on it?

Anybody has example?

Thanks in Advance

Sent from the Erlang Questions mailing list archive at Nabble.com.