[erlang-questions] how: distributed supervision tree

Zvi exta7@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 00:50:15 CET 2007

The supervision strategy data structure is a list of tuples for each worker.
The Worker specifications are tuples of the following form:

{Tag, {Mod, Func, ArgList},
         Restart,
         Shutdown,
         Type,
        [Mod1]}

Where:
    {Mod, Func, ArgList}
defines the function that the supervisor will use to start the worker. It is
used as arguments to apply(Mod, Fun, ArgList).

How do I define worker process, which should be started/restarted on remote
node?
Should I just write Mod:Fun function which calls spawn/2 ,i.e.
spawn(Node,Fun) ?
What happens if BEAM VM on node "Node" is down? Should Mod:Fun first call to
some shell script to lanch VM on the remote node and only then spawn
Worker's Erlang proces on it?

Anybody has example?

Thanks in Advance
Zvi