[erlang-questions] XML parser that works on binaries

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Nov 23 18:09:17 CET 2007

On Nov 23, 2007, at 4:44 PM, Willem de Jong wrote:

> Why do you want a parser that works on binaries?

To minimize the memory footprint of an application, for example.
ejabberd was a huge memory hog a year and a half ago since XML
binaries received from the socket were converted to lists for
processing. I was an even bigger memory hog on a x64 system for
obvious reasons. I noticed that even then they were using an expat
driver that could operate on binaries so they may have completed that
conversion now.

--
http://wagerlabs.com