[erlang-questions] idea: function meta data

Lev Walkin vlm@REDACTED
Fri Nov 16 20:26:22 CET 2007

I think there's is a problem with attributing metadata to
module or to function. In your example, consider the
first -doc() to be absent. What makes the second -doc()
be bound to function? The extra line directly above it
certainly makes it so for humans, but it shouldn't be
relied upon formally.

Perhaps (I live motivation outside this email), something like this?

	-module(test).
	-doc("Math module with some fancy math functions.").
	-keywords([math, fancy, factorial]).
	-export([fac/1].

	-fun(doc, "The factorial function.").
	-fun(keywords, [math]).