[erlang-questions] how: Matching empty binaries at the beginning

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Thu Nov 15 20:35:24 CET 2007

I don't think that is the cause, because it doesn't work for non-empty
binaries either. Look at this:

> ABC = <<"ABC">>.
   <<"ABC">>

   <<"A">>

> <<A/binary, BC/binary>> = ABC.
   ** exited: {{badmatch,<<"ABC">>},[{erl_eval,expr,3}]} **

And if I add the size of the binary it now works:

> <<A:1/binary, BC/binary>> = ABC.
   <<"ABC">>