[erlang-questions] idea: service pack one

James Hague james.hague@REDACTED
Thu Nov 15 16:16:11 CET 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 6:52 PM, Fredrik Svahn <fredrik.svahn@REDACTED> wrote:

> If not, please let me know what opertaions you would like to be able
> to do on binaries. Are there any design patterns or operations on
> binaries that you keep writing over and over again? Any code involving
> binaries which could be written in a more elegant way with a support
> function? Any operations which you feel would be suitable to implement
> as BIFs?

Stuff I have wished for:

1. Convert a reversed list to a binary.  That is, a single function to
replace list_to_binary(lists:reverse(List)).  Directly reversing a
binary would be helpful, too.
2. Scanning for a specific value or a value in a set.

James