[erlang-questions] clarify: gen_udp Set outbound ip address

mog mogorman@REDACTED
Wed Nov 14 07:12:49 CET 2007

It seems you are correct, which sucks, multicast seems to be a one way
street.  You are correct my goal was to have a cloud of machines hidden
behind multicast ip, i found a nifty program called packeth that allowed
me to forge the packets and all my linux boxes do drop packets that come
from a multicast ip although ethereal can see them.  Is there anyway to
achieve my goal of having a cloud of machines hidden behind one ip?  I
wanted to be able to have cluster of machines all dealing with this
data, i guess i can fall back to my second idea having a fast failover
system like carp, but then im back to a 1-1 failover model instead of a
cluster.  Is anyone doing anything like this

Mog