[erlang-questions] idea: ml9 (sort of) in the erlang shell

Jan Henry Nystrom jan@REDACTED
Tue Nov 13 19:30:25 CET 2007

Ulf Wiger wrote:
> No one commented on my output filters for the shell.
> Oh well, perhaps it wasn't weird enough... (:
Now I loved the output filter idea, but did not really
have the time to say so. But here I am not so sure.
The syntax is, at least to me far from obvious, and
I have not felt the shell especially constricting.
When I have had to do something more exotic that really
got too complicated for the shell, it has always paid
of to write a module. That is since I generally  have
had use of the very same technique again. But since
it do not break any existing stuff, fine. But whatever
you do, do not get into the general syntax or I will
have to learn to read your code :-)

/Cheers Henry

Training & Research Manager @ Erlang Training and Consulting Ltd
http://www.erlang-consulting.com