[erlang-questions] Can I stop an application from within one of its servers?

Anthony Shipman <>
Mon Nov 12 09:18:32 CET 2007

I have a node that I want to shut down by sending a message to its central
gen_server. What's the best way to do this? At the moment I have the
gen_server call application:stop() which eventually calls erlang:halt().
Calling this from within the callback module of an gen_server seems a bit

Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
                   grow up to be outsourced.