[erlang-questions] QUestions about erlang

Enrique Marcote Peña mpquique@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 19:15:56 CET 2007

Hi (Hola) Giuseppe,

As Ulf mentioned, there are mainly two erlang communities in Spain,
one in A Coruña and another one in Madrid (you may even find erlang/
OTP courses in Spain :-).

I personally work in a small company where we use erlang on our daily
basis. I would say that using erlang does not depend on the size (of
your projects or company), but on the kind of projects you develop.
IMHO I wouldn't point out erlang to be the best choice for desktop
applications.

Regardless erlang is the best choice for the two projects you have in
mind right now (and I'm afraid not), you should certainly give it a
try, you won't be disappointed.  The erlang community is excellent
and erlang/OTP is unbeatable for the kind of projects it was
originally conceived for.

Please feel free to contact me outside of the list if you want to
share some thoughts in spanish :-)  Find my contact details below.

Regards,

--
Enrique Marcote Peña
Nomasystems, S.L.