[erlang-questions] QUestions about erlang

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz glpunzi@REDACTED
Tue Nov 6 15:16:17 CET 2007

Hi Ulf, thanks for your answers.

El 06/11/2007, a las 15:06, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) escribió:

> glpunzi@REDACTED wrote:
>> Hi all
>> My name is Giuseppe Luigi, and I write from Murcia, Spain.
>
> Nice part of the world. I spent my honeymoon driving around
> near Altea and once had the pleasure of celebrating San Juan
> in Alicante. (:

Cool :D

> Most likely fast enough for this type of application.
> If you connect to MS Access via ODBC, communication
> cost is likely to be the dominating factor.
>
>> - How is the persistence/database connection?
>
> Erlang has a built-in persistent database which you
> might find useful from time to time. But if your
> primary target is MS Access, then the ODBC application
> is probably what you want.
>
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/odbc/index.html
>
> I'll let someone else account for experiences using
> Erlang's ODBC with MS Access.

Well, MSAccess is not my primary target. I want an app thath connect
to it only to maintain old software. The new POS software will have
other database of course.