[erlang-questions] Looking for info on hot code updates

David Mitchell monch1962@REDACTED
Thu Nov 1 11:55:39 CET 2007

Hello all,

Pure and simple - I'm looking for a pointer to info on doing hot code
updates (i.e. update code while a server is running) in Erlang.  I've
seen lots of talk about it, but nothing on:
- how to do it
- pros/cons/caveats/assumptions
- what happens when that code is currently being executed by a running process

If there's some magic combination of keywords that'll get me this info
in Google, I can't work out what it is.  It's probably covered
extensively at www.erlang.org under the Documentation link, but I
can't find anything there either (probably just looking in the wrong
place).

Sorry if the request sounds pathetic, but I'm just confused why I
can't find this info when pretty much everything else on Erlang is
easy to find.  Maybe it's just a slow brain day for me today

Thanks in advance

Dave M.