[erlang-questions] regexp sux!

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Tue May 29 13:31:06 CEST 2007

Would it be easy to make regexps incremental, in such that i can
feed a regexp a string, and then find out if the string contained enough
for the regexp to match/halt, or if i need to continue feeding it with
more data.

Imagine I am receiving data blocks with an active gen_tcp socket, and
my potential regexp match is across the boundary of two received data
blocks.

I'm imagining an interface somewhat similar to md5_init/md5_update but
with an exit to let me know there was a match, at which point i would
get the matched part and the remaining part returned to me so i can
continue matching on the latter when i have processed the matched
block.