[erlang-questions] : Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

me@REDACTED me@REDACTED
Tue May 29 11:26:29 CEST 2007

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 11:02:23AM +0200, Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) wrote:

> (Also, to clarify, Bengt and I are users of Erlang,
> and have little to say about what they choose to
> implement. Like other users, we can request
> changes and new features. Since we happen to
> represent the largest Erlang-based product line,
> we may have a bit more influence than some, but
> we don't speak for OTP. Kenneth does.)

Dear Ulf, I know you're not talking on behalf of OTP group :-) My mail
would just say that if we (the community of Erlang users and
developers) want Erlang to be used as a general-purpose robust
solution for different problems and applications, we should
communicate, talk, discuss, exchange ideas and propose new or better
features for the platform we use on our every-day work (or fun),
thinking also to new and possibly unexplored fields where Erlang
features can be exploited.

I'm trying to do so. I'm trying to give my contribute to the Erlang
community, as many people have done in the last years. Without
suggestions, proposals, work and code from people *outside* the OTP
group, Erlang would perhaps remain one of the unknown "company
languages".

Regards

Enzo

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]