[erlang-questions] : Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Mon May 28 18:33:12 CEST 2007

Hi,

We will add a better description about what the priority levels means and
how to use them. We will also add to the documentation that the use
of different priority levels than 'normal' is highly questionable.
The priority levels have been around for 10 years or more and the use
is to our knowledge VERY VERY RARE.

For all code in the Erlang/OTP distribution there are only
11 modules where process_flag(priority,Prio) is explicitly used.
Of these I would say that a handful of them can be questioned if they really
are necessary.

It is important that we make clear in the documentation how priorities work and
that you have little or no reason to use them.

I hope we can close this discussion now.

/Regards Kenneth (Erlang/OTP team at Ericsson)