[erlang-questions] Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

Rickard Green rickard.s.green@REDACTED
Mon May 28 12:35:05 CEST 2007

The 'max' priority is an undocumented feature for OTP internal use only.
Don't tell anyone about it :)

Scheduler threads will pick processes from the run queue(s) in the same
way as on the non-SMP system. When there exist high prio processes, only
high prio processes will be picked. Since there might be fewer runnable
high prio processes than scheduler threads, normal and low prio
processes may run at the same time as high prio processes.

The documentation of priorities could be improved. I've put this on the
todo list.

BR,
Rickard Green, Erlang/OTP, Ericsson AB.