[erlang-questions] some language changes

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Mon May 28 09:48:02 CEST 2007

> Bengt Kleberg wrote:
>
> if the epp module uses the normal io module i do not
> understand why ulf wiger suggest using a ram_file_io_server.
>
> why do we need the ability to have files?
> they are handled by the file module which gives us the io device.

I described the use of ram_file_io_server in this post:

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2006-July/021348.html

To which you suggested using a string_io module, which would
of course work too. One could say that a ram file is just
another type of io device that, in addition to supporting
the io library, also supports file i/o (not that epp really
needs that).

BR,
Ulf W