[erlang-questions] Subtle behaviour of Erlang scheduler

Ulf Wiger (TN/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri May 25 17:38:33 CEST 2007

KatolaZ wrote:

> So, Ulf, do you or anybody else have any idea about this
> strange behaviour of erl scheduler ??? I hope someone can say
> if we hit a big-bug in the priority management system, and
> what it the cause.

No, I don't have an explanation, although I didn't
look that hard at the problem. It did look weird.

In general, one should be very careful with the
priority levels 'high' and 'max', since they make
it possible to starve all other processes. A high
priority process shouldn't be able to starve
another high priority process, obviously.

BR,
Ulf W