[erlang-questions] WHOLETABLE lock on schema

Hal Snyder hal@REDACTED
Wed May 23 23:23:34 CEST 2007

Follow-up to previous post:

I see the same problem in R-11B and R-9C, the two releases we are
running here. In both cases, I wonder if the problem is not the
following:

mnesia_locker.erl / receive_wlocks sits in a receive and can wait
forever if one of the nodes passed in its first argument is not
running. The following seems to make the problem go away .... but I'm
sure I know just enough to be dangerous:

receive_wlocks([Node | Tail], Res, Store, Oid) ->
     receive
         {?MODULE, Node, granted} ->
             del_debug(Node),
             receive_wlocks(Tail, Res, Store, Oid);
+   after WlockTimeoutMsec ->
+           del_debug(Node),
+           Reason1 = {aborted, {node_timed_out, Node}},
+           flush_remaining(Tail, Node, Reason1)
     end;