[erlang-questions] erlang nodes over a wifi network

Enrique Marcote enrique.marcote@REDACTED
Sat May 19 13:42:43 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm doing some tests connecting several erlang nodes over a wifi
network.  The same application works perfectly over ethernet but when
I go wireless, approximately every 5 minutes I get a noconnection
error in some of the nodes (nodes reconnect by themselves after a
period of time that goes from 5 secs to 1min).

I'm setting the following kernel parameters in the sys.config:

[{kernel, [{sync_nodes_mandatory, []},
           {sync_nodes_optional, ['sun@REDACTED']},
           {sync_nodes_timeout, 5000}]},

Nodes communicate with each other issuing rpc calls.

Are there any recommendations you could point out in order to connect
several erlang nodes over a medium quality wifi network? (quality is
in average 50%).  The network quality is not perfect but seems good
enough for other applications (ssh, http...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Quique