[erlang-questions] escript questions

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Thu May 17 19:04:06 CEST 2007

How do I write to stderr from a script? The io functions take a standard_io
atom but there does not seem to be a standard_err.

I tried doing
	file:open("/dev/fd/2", [write])
but erlang appears to refuse to write to device files.

I get warning messages from unused functions in my script which I would like
to suppress. I tried adding some dummy code:
	unused(), ...

unused() ->
	[fun error/1, fun warning/1, fun message/2].

But I just get the error:
	escript: script failed with error reason undef
when I do that. Is this an escript bug?

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.