[erlang-questions] Announcing eipp: erlang bindings for c++

Daniel Goertzen <>
Thu May 17 04:51:54 CEST 2007

I'm please to announce "eipp": erlang bindings for c++.  My employer
allowed me to open source this library, so many thanks to
http://www.norscan.com .

The goal of eipp is to provide a simple, safe, and efficient interface
to the erlang External Term Format from c++.  This is a work in progress
(at http://code.google.com/p/eipp/), but what's there now seems to do
useful work.  An example is worth a thousand words, so below is a
complete port program example.  The unit tests also provide good
examples until I can scrape together proper documentation.

(comments welcome)

#include <iostream>
#include "eipp.h"
#include "eipp_packet.h"

using namespace eipp;
using namespace std;

int main()
        atom_t cmd; // atom type... think std::string
        et data;    // generic "erlang term" type

        // expect tuple of the form {CmdAtom, Data}
        // Only one command supported for now...
            int num=data; // "et" can cast itself to many types