[erlang-questions] io:format error with UTF-8 encoding binary

Caoyuan dcaoyuan@REDACTED
Wed May 16 17:38:38 CEST 2007

Hi Adam,

I tried the Regional and Languages settings, the issue is still there.
The problem is a bit strange, sometimes, if I cut the length to a bit
small value, it works fine (A longer binary without UTF-8 encoded
3-bytes chars always works fine).

Since there is no error messages outputted, I have no way to trace it.
In case of my application that uses MYSQL, the erlang node will die
when I insert such binary to BLOB field.

If this happens only on my environment, it may be os/platform related
bug of OTP?

Regards,