[erlang-questions] casting float to integer

Nitin Verma nitin.matrix@REDACTED
Mon May 14 19:02:49 CEST 2007

Thanx for all the replies, appreciate it. I am very new to functional
programming, and to Erlang. This all helped me a lot.

I saw something very weird.

( 2^(n-1) – 1 ) / 2^n + 1/2 < 1
---

1> Tc=(math:pow(2,52) - 1) / math:pow(2,53).
0.500000
2> Td= Tc + 1/2.
1.000000
3> trunc(Td).
0

This is correct.
---

1> Tc=(math:pow(2,53) - 1) / math:pow(2,54).
0.500000
2> Td=Tc + 1/2.
1.00000
3> trunc(Td).