[erlang-questions] Stand alone TLS encryption module?

Oscar Hellström oscar@REDACTED
Thu May 10 17:54:32 CEST 2007

Mike Toler wrote:
> I'm working with the Tsung tool right now (written in Erlang) to load
> test a Jabber project.  In the real world, all of the communications to
> and from the server would be encrypted using TLS, but that isn't
> supported by Tsung.
>

> Is there a stand alone TLS module (or even one that could be hijacked
> from another project) that would be fairly simple to integrate into
> another application?

The ssl module in the ssl application is used for this.
You only need to hack the way the Tsung plugin connects, and after that,
the interface to the module is the same as to the gen_tcp.

> Thanks.
>

> Michael Toler
>
> (214) 278-1834 (Office)
>
> (972) 816-7790 (mobile)
>
> Systems Integration Engineer
>
> Prodea Systems.
>

> This message is confidential to Prodea Systems, Inc unless otherwise indicated
> or apparent from its nature. This message is directed to the intended recipient
> only, who may be readily determined by the sender of this message and its
> contents. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
> employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
> recipient:(a)any dissemination or copying of this message is strictly
> prohibited; and(b)immediately notify the sender by return message and destroy
> any copies of this message in any form(electronic, paper or otherwise) that you
> have.The delivery of this message and its information is neither intended to be
> nor constitutes a disclosure or waiver of any trade secrets, intellectual
> property, attorney work product, or attorney-client communications. The
> authority of the individual sending this message to legally bind Prodea Systems
> is neither apparent nor implied,and must be independently verified.

Best Regards
--
Oscar Hellström, oscar@REDACTED
Erlang Training and Consulting