[erlang-questions] learning Erlang: factoring primes

Kostis Sagonas <>
Fri May 4 10:59:26 CEST 2007

Anthony Shipman wrote:
> On Friday 04 May 2007 18:07, Kostis Sagonas wrote:
>> Please, do not use == for arithmetic comparisons with integers (*).
>> It's brain damage from C.
>> Learn to use =:= instead.  It's more kosher.
> Is there a performance difference?

In emulated code, the performance difference, if any, it is quite small.
In native code, the performance difference is currently also small,
although this might change soon (if we partly inline =:=).

But is it not an issue of performance; it's a problem in the semantics
of the == operator.