[erlang-questions] HIPE Native compile error

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu May 3 15:38:31 CEST 2007

Eranga Udesh wrote:
> Thanks. Attached is a cut down version of the module. Compile it as,
> 	erlc +native -smp test.erl

With the attached file that you sent, I cannot reproduce the crash,
neither in our current version nor in using Erlang/OTP R11B-4 (as
distributed in its source version from erlang.org).

One thing that's different is that I am running on Solaris 9 (not 10)
since I only have access to such a machine and that the gcc version
that was used to build OTP is

Using built-in specs.
Target: sparc-sun-solaris2.9
Configured with: /tmp/mikpe/gcc-4.1.2/configure
--prefix=/home/mikpe/pkgs/sol2-sparc64/gcc-4.1.2 --disable-shared
--enable-threads --disable-nls --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
--with-system-zlib --enable-languages=c
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.2

Are you sure the stripped down version that you sent makes the HiPE
compiler crash?  What happens if you specify only +native but no -smp?

Kostis