[erlang-questions] Edoc Error

Logan, Martin Martin.Logan@REDACTED
Wed May 2 22:32:46 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Carlsson [mailto:richardc@REDACTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 11:12 AM
To: Logan, Martin
Cc: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] Edoc Error

Logan, Martin wrote:
> %%     AppVsn = string() | 'LATEST' | "LATEST"
>
> The "LATEST" string causes the following error.
>
> /home/martinjlogan/work/faxien/lib/faxien/src/fax_install.erl,
function
> install/5: at line 37: syntax error before: "LATEST"
>
> Looks like a bug.

It's not. You can't specify particular strings; that's like saying
"the list [76,65,84,69,83,84], but no other list". This is a limitation
found in pretty much every type system out there. Anyway, you already
specify that AppVsn can be a string; you'll just have to explain in the
doc text that it can have the particular value "LATEST".

Fair enough.  I will use an explanation.  Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers,
Martin