[erlang-questions] prim_inet:send/2

Fri Mar 23 09:15:36 CET 2007

It does not seem likely you have "a process called prim_inet:send/2".

It is also not likely it was spawned as prim_inet:send/2.

The most likely option is that you have a process stuck in
prim_inet:send/2 where it has given a command to the inet driver
and is waiting for the response.

So, is this process the only one sending replies to your clients?
And why does it get so many messages from other Erlang processes,
and is there no flow control on those messages.

The normal way to design a server handling many clients is to
have one listening process and when accepting connections
branch them off to separate processes for each TPC connection.
Then the clients can be handled in parallel within the server.

Try such a design and see if it helps.