[erlang-questions] Erlang Port Drivers and Multiple Queues

Eranga Udesh casper2000a@REDACTED
Tue Mar 20 08:13:49 CET 2007

Hi,

In an Erlang Port Driver, the event received from the Driver to Erlang, is
it possible to queue in multiple queues? Does is always have to come to the
Port Owner process?

I have an Erlang Port Driver, which waits on a Wait Object (POLLIN |
POLLPRI). This port receives about 2000 event per second. I see those are
getting queued to the Port Owner Process (a gen_server); however the it
seems to be processing very slow. The owner process just receives the
messages and queues to other processes to process. Therefore theoretically,
it shouldn't be this slow. Can port driver blocks or affect the execution
speed of Owner Process? How can I over come this problem?

Thanks in advance,
- Eranga