[erlang-questions] profiling application

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Fri Mar 16 07:30:57 CET 2007

On 2007-03-16 03:53, jm wrote:
> Can someone please point me to a tutorial on profiling applications in
> erlang.

look at the tools section of the manual.
http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.5/lib/tools-2.5/doc/html/index.html
what you want is fprof.

> 1) How do I determine where the CPU and memory are going, ie where are
> the bottle necks?

the same section as above also has
instrument

another helpful module would be in observer
http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.5/lib/observer-0.9.7/doc/html/index.html
and it is called etop.

bengt
--
Those were the days...
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides