[erlang-questions] Semaphores

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Mar 16 07:12:04 CET 2007

Den 2007-03-15 20:18:17 skrev Corrado Santoro <csanto@REDACTED>:

> Hello,
>
> Christian S ha scritto:
>> Hi, as you have good insight to robot programming. I would like to
>> query you about  the language http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esterel
>> that I found interesting.  To me it screams 'robot arm control!' since
>> it can express FIR filters so eloquently for various automatic control
>> problems and can compile down to a huge statemachine in c source to
>> run quickly.
> This seems very interesting! I save this link to make a deeper analysis
> in the immediate future.
>

>> Is this language (and the others in the same paradigm) discarded as
>> useless eye-candy, or is it one of those gems waiting to be
>> discovered?
> Interesting question.... any comment around?

When I was in Munich at the FemSYS workshop 2001,
I remember that there were several interesting
talks about Esterel. I've been sampling it at
sparse intervals since, but for the longest time,
there didn't seem to be any significant "open"
activity around it, but only fairly expensive for
designing safety-critical systems.

I did notice that the Esterel-language web page

http://www-sop.inria.fr/meije/esterel/esterel-eng.html

doesn't seem to have been updated since ca 2000.

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger