[erlang-questions] ODBC problem if query returns multiple, tables

Ingela Anderton Andin ingela@REDACTED
Thu Mar 15 09:21:42 CET 2007

> Dear all,
> I'm using erlang 5.5

It is more interesting which version of the odbc-application you are
running!?
You can do code:which(odbc) and the version number should apper in the path.

ex:

Eshell V5.5.3.1  (abort with ^G)
1> code:which(odbc).
"/usr/local/otp/releases/otp_beam_solaris8_r11b_patched/lib/odbc-2.0.7/ebin/odbc.beam"
2>

> I'm having a Store Procedure (SP) which returns 8 tables (MS Sql).
> When I use that same SP in odbc:sql_query/2, it returns {error,"Column type
> not supported"}.
> If I change the SP such that it will return only one table, the SP works
> fine in odbc:sql_query/2.
> >From this results, I concluded that, odbc:sql_query/2 does not support query
> which returns multiple tables.
> Am I right? Or, Is there any option available to make odbc:sql_query/2 to
> work if the query returns multiple tables?
> Please give your inputs.
> Thanks in advance.

odbc:sql_query/2 supports multiple result sets since odbc version 2.0.
Our test cases for this works fine but they may not be exhaustive.
I would suggest you make sure you have the latest version 2.0.7 and if
you still have a problem
try to  make a minimal failing case. Preferable by doing plain
sql-queries  separatred  by  ;
Then send the failing test case to me and if it is a bug I will fix it.

Regards Ingela