[erlang-questions] record_info in module_info

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Tue Mar 6 16:35:41 CET 2007

On 3/6/07, Thomas Lindgren <thomasl_erlang@REDACTED> wrote:

> --- Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Suggestion for improvement to system.
> >
> > Compile record  tags  *into* module_info()

I meant that if you say

-module(glurk).
-record(xxx, {a,b,c,...})
-record(yyy, {p,q,r,...})

In a module or include file - then when you compile the file, you'll add
information about the record to module_info.

So

glurk:module_info() might contain tuples like this:

      {record, xxx, [a,b,c...]},
      {record, yyy, [p,q,r]}

which are frozen into the beam code

> I can't even decipher what you mean by this. Why not
> try the shiny new process and write up an EEP?

Too busy at the moment, correcting the errata in the U know what :-)

/Joe