[erlang-questions] records in erlang and error while creating it

hemant gethemant@REDACTED
Mon Mar 5 11:49:00 CET 2007

this might be a really stupid question, but at shell I am doing this:

2> -record(person, {
2> firstName = "",
2> lastName = "",
2> age}).

=ERROR REPORT==== 5-Mar-2007::16:06:35 ===
Error in process <0.33.0> with exit value: {{badmatch,[]},[{erl_eval,expr,3}]}

** exited: {{badmatch,[]},[{erl_eval,expr,3}]} **

basically I am typing whatever is given there in "Programming Erlang"
book, may be I am doing a typo or something. but my question is, how
exactly erlang folks read out those error messages?

I mean, what exactly is the ERROR REPORT saying here,  so that i can
find error in my code?

--
gnufied